United Insurance Brokers Limited
Terms and Conditions of website use
As a visitor to a United Insurance Brokers web site, you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions; please read them carefully.
- By accessing or using any United Insurance Brokers web site, or one of the services you can access from any such site, you accept that these terms and conditions apply to that use and to that service. Please leave our site and do not use our services if that is not acceptable to you.
- We revise these terms and conditions from time to time. You should therefore regularly re-read these terms and conditions. The date these terms and conditions were last changed is always shown at the end of the current edition. If you use a United Insurance Brokers web site (or one of the services you can access from a United Insurance Brokers web site) after a change has been made to these terms and conditions, by doing so you agree that the latest edition of these terms and conditions applies to your use and to that service.
- Companies in our group have separate names and identities, but for the sake of simplicity the terms ‘United Insurance Brokers’, ‘UIB’, ‘Group’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ are used below to refer to all the companies within our group, unless we say otherwise below.
- A visitor to any UIB web site is referred to below as ‘visitor’ ‘you’ or ‘your’.
- These terms and conditions apply to all UIB web sites unless any UIB web site provides otherwise. Our group web site is www.uibgroup.com. When you access the website at www.uib.co.uk you arrive at the UIB website of United Insurance Brokers Limited (UIBL). UIBL is an independent international insurance and reinsurance Lloyd’s broker, operating worldwide. UIBL’s registered office and principal place of business is 69 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN and UIBL is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). UIBL’s permitted business is arranging general insurance contracts and its FCA firm reference number is 307812. This can be verified on the Financial Services Register on the FCA’s website at https://register. fca.org.uk. UIBL services which you access from www.uib.co.uk or from www.uibdirect.co.uk are provided on the basis of terms and conditions directly applicable to those services, and where there is any conflict between those terms and conditions and this document it is those terms and conditions which take precedence. For example, where those terms and conditions deal with UIBL’s liability to you as a consumer of those services, and what they say conflicts with what is said below, UIBL’s terms and conditions for the supply of those services apply instead.
- You agree that you are responsible for your use of any UIB web site. We do not accept responsibility to you for any such use, which is at your risk.
- We may at any time and without prior notice suspend or cancel any part or all of any service accessible from a UIB web site.
- Currently, you do not need to pay to use any of the services accessible from any UIB web site, but we reserve the right to introduce charges at a later date should we so decide.
- We do not provide any guarantee regarding the validity or accuracy of any of our services.
- We will not be responsible if for any reason whatever you are unable to use any of the services normally accessible from a UIB web site.
- We are not responsible for:
- any inaccuracies in, or omissions from, any UIB web site;
- any decision that you may make based on information on any UIB web site;
- for any direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind that you may suffer arising from your use of:–
- any UIB web site;
- any service accessible from any UIB web site; or
- any information obtained directly or indirectly from any UIB web site.
- We try to make sure that the information provided by UIB on its web sites is accurate at the time of publication. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy of this information, or of any information which you may obtain through using any hyperlink on any UIB web site.
- We also try to update the information on our web sites on a regular basis. If you come across any errors which may slip through we apologise and will correct them when they are drawn to our attention.
- We are not responsible for the contents of any other web site, including any which you may access through any of our web sites.
- If we provide a hyperlink on any UIB web site to a third party site, that is because we believe that the other site contains, or may contain, further information relevant to what we have to say on our web site. In some cases, in order to give a balanced view, a hyperlink may connect you to a web site containing contradictory viewpoints to those expressed by us or on our own web site. If you decide to access a third party web site through a hyperlink on a UIB web site, you do so at your own risk, including the risk that you may be navigating to an unsafe web site where your computer may be infected by computer viruses or other malware.
- Your use of a UIB web site will not grant you any rights to use any UIB trademark or other intellectual property belonging to any company in our Group.
- Nothing you may see on any UIB web site, or any information you may obtain from using any UIB web site (including through any hypertext links), is intended to be, or constitutes an invitation, to invest in or otherwise deal in shares or other capital of any UIB company.
- If you see statements on any UIB web site, or in any document you access from any UIB web site, including the words such as “anticipates”, “believes”, “plans”, “projects”, etc., these are, or may be, forward looking statements. Any forward looking statement is subject to risk and uncertainty. Actual results may differ from those expressed in such a statement. We do not undertake to update any forward looking statement to reflect any changes in our expectations, or to reflect what actually happens, although (as stated above) we do try to make sure that what is stated on any UIB web site is not made redundant or obsolete by the passage of time.
- Apart from temporary copies of the material on a UIB web site that your internet browser may need to create to allow you to access that site (which you agree to remove from your computer once you leave the UIB web site, without keeping a copy in any form whatever), you may not, without our prior written consent, copy, alter, tamper with in any way, or use any material (either in whole or in part) contained on, or accessed through, any UIB web site (but this restriction does not extend to any material you may access as a result of using a hyperlink which takes you outside any UIB web site, since that material does not belong in any way to UIB).
- You are responsible for complying with all applicable copyright laws. We allow you to take copies from UIB web sites as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of them. You may also print for your personal use so much of a UIB web site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other use is strictly prohibited. You may not frame a UIB web site, nor link to any page of it, without our express written permission before you do so.
- UIB’s web sites contain rich and varied data, including text, photographs and other images which are protected by copyright, and possibly by other intellectual property rights. All copyright and other intellectual property rights contained in the web site are either owned by us, or have been licensed to us by the owner of those rights so that we can use this material as part of our web site.
- You undertake neither to violate the security of any UIB web site or the services accessible through it, nor to try to do so.
- These terms and conditions are governed by, and are to be construed in accordance with, English law. If there is any dispute arising in relation to these terms and conditions, or any dispute in connection with a UIB web site, the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over the dispute.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is held by any court or other competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, it will be severed from the remaining terms and conditions to the minimum extent necessary to ensure that the remainder of these terms and conditions remain valid, lawful and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 22nd August 2019