With Litigation becoming increasingly widespread throughout business, it is important to know your risks and ensure you safeguard your financial position against potential claims arising from employees, clients and other third parties.
It is essential that these risks be identified and minimised as far as possible. This should be tailored with an appropriate (re)insurance programme designed to defend against such actions and safeguard the Company’s financial position.
The UIB Casualty team provides depth of knowledge and experience to structure and implement the most appropriate bespoke insurance and facultative reinsurance programmes to its clients.
WHY UIB CASUALTY
We are committed to meet every aspect of our client’s insurance needs with clarity and transparency throughout all stages, including negotiations, placement, claims, and policy wording.
A deep commitment to service and technical advice combined with custom design and placement solutions allows us to ensure our clients’ interests are always met with the utmost priority while benefiting from access to key insurance markets across the world through our network of international offices.
WHAT WE DO
We are a reputable leading Lloyd’s broker offering a range of specialist products in the Casualty market and our aim is to understand our clients’ business strategies and work with them to support and achieve their goals.
The UIB Casualty team aim to differentiate ourselves through knowledge, market relationships and a strong desire to exceed
We provide advice on all aspects of non-marine casualty business on a worldwide scale and are renowned for our dedication to service with our success based on developing lasting business partner associations.
The team of seasoned professionals brings the right blend of experience to both fully identify the issues facing our clients and we are organised to ensure a maximum focus and level of expertise is available to meet our clients’ requirements.
We can arrange cover for the following classes of business:
- Public/Products LiabilityThis cover protects you if third parties suffer personal injury or property damage due to your business or products.
- Employers’ LiabilityThis legal requirement protects you against the cost of compensation claims arising from employee illness or injury, sustained as a result of their work for you.
- Pollution LiabilityContractors’ Pollution Liability (CPL) is obtained on a claims made or occurrence basis that provides third party coverage for bodily injury, property damage, defence and clean up, as a result of pollution conditions arising from contracting operations performed by your business.
- Environmental Impairment LiabilityThis is an insurance cover that protects you against environmental damage or pollution that may occur as an event of the insured’s activities.
- Professional Indemnity / Errors and OmissionsThis cover protects you for negligence or a fault you may have made within your business activities.
- Product Recall and Guarantee InsuranceThis can protect your business from the costs incurred when recalling defective products, as well as the costs of replacing, recovering, repairing and altering products that are defective due to faulty design, manufacture or installation.
- Directors’ and Officers’ LiabilityThis covers the cost of compensation claims made against your business’s directors and key managers (officers) for alleged wrongful acts.
- Cyber LiabilityThis cover is designed to protect your business if it experiences a data breach or is the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects its computer systems.
- Accident and HealthThese are benefits provided to employees for sickness, accidental injury, or accidental death. These include payments of hospital and medical expenses and are applicable to individuals and groups including Ships or Yacht Crew Welfare and Aviation Pilot/ Crew PA/Loss of license.
- Event Cancellation InsuranceThis will cover any expenses or lost revenue that you might stand to lose if the event you are holding or attending is cancelled, abandoned or postponed for unforeseeable reasons beyond your control.
- Medical Malpractice InsuranceThis is a cross of public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance which responds to claims arising from both bodily injury and mental and psychological damage.
Our product and services include
- Public/Products Liability
- Employers’ Liability
- Pollution Liability
- Environmental Impairment Liability
- Professional Indemnity / Errors and Omissions
- Product Recall and Guarantee Insurance
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Accident and Health
- Event Cancellation Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Insurance
WHO WE SERVICE
Our client base reflects the global scale and scope of the casualty industry. The Casualty team provides covers in the following areas:
• Food and beverage
• Heavy industry
• Property owners
To learn how our Casualty team’s expertise can benefit you, or for further information please contact: