UIB MARINE CARGO & TRANSPORTATION
Marine Insurance has a rich history and is considered widely as being the earliest developed form of insurance. Today marine insurance is no less vital to ship and cargo owners as it was to the shipping communities and traders of the distant past; risk and challenges remain for those transporting and trading the tens of billions of tons of goods that cross our oceans annually.
UIB Marine offers (re)insurance protection to support businesses throughout the maritime industry and cargo owners whose goods are conveyed and stored around the world. We pride ourselves in having a no nonsense, professional, and joined up approach that is cost effective and client centred.
» Show More
Our focus does not stop once the (re)insurance policy has been arranged – we pride ourselves in providing a service throughout the lifetime of the (re)insurance contract and the association with our client. We ensure that the issuance of all documentation is prompt and in the event of a claim a comprehensive level of support and assistance is immediately available.
» Show Less
WHY UIB MARINE CARGO
In-house claims management
Client-specific insurance programmes
WHAT WE DO / TARGET RISKS
WHAT WE DO
- Food and Beverage
- Oil and Energy
- Livestock and Aquaculture
- Project Cargo “Comprehensive broad form” including Consequential Loss / Delay in Start Up (DSU).
- Food, beverage and perishable products with cover extensions for contamination and deterioration.
- Excess Stock for all types of goods and merchandise.
- “Oil and Gas” cargo covers including extensions for Guaranteed Outturn (GOT) and Contamination howsoever arising.
- Stock Throughput
- Traders covers for all commodities
- Wrap around Political Violence (War, War on Land, Strikes riots and civil commotions)
- Confiscation Nationalisation Depravation and Expropriation (CEND)
WHO WE SERVICE
Our client base reflects the global scale and scope of the marine industry. The UIB Marine Cargo team cover all aspects of cargo in transit and store and therefore provides risk solutions for:
To learn how our Cargo team’s expertise can benefit you, please contact any of the below: